We Went to Disney On Ice Last Night and This Is What Happened…..


Facebook Image @Lacy Yarrow

Let me just start by saying Aly is fine and we are finally home, but I want to share in case this helps any parents out there. We went to Disney on Ice last night and like most kids do, Aly wanted one of the flashing wands that they sell at these events. Not long after looking at and playing with this flashing wand she began staggering, unable to stand, lethargic and when Bryan picked her up her head was flopping backwards like a newborn with neck control. Needless to say we panicked, went to first aid, then the medical staff and we decided to take her to the hospital. Not long after getting in the car Aly started vomiting heavily and we decided to have emergency services take her in. She was taken to UC Davis where she was assessed and was still unable to stand without assistance. They did a cat scan which came back normal and later transported her to Kaiser where she had a full work up and MRI. That also came back normal. The conclusion that was drawn was that Aly had a seizure from exposure to the rapidly blinking light of the toy. Obviously plenty of kids play with these types of toys with no issues but I still think it’s worth spreading the word and being cautious especially with the younger kids. We just had a terrible, emotionally charged 24 hours and will definitely not be giving Aly flashing toys!

Posted to Facebook by Lacy Yarrow


Like it? Share with your friends!

102 SHARES
102 SHARES

Comments 0

log in

Become a part of our community!

Captcha!
Don't have an account?
sign up

reset password

Back to
log in

sign up

Captcha!
Back to
log in
Choose A Format
Story
Video